How to Make a Girl Like You
Women can be difficult. They say one thing, then change their mind the next day. They act like they like you, only to leave you left behind in the friend zone. They’re friends with a girl one night, then the next night hate them for whatever reason. So how can you get inside their beautiful heads and make them actually like you? I’ve got the top 10 tips for how to make a girl like you that you absolutely HAVE to try.
If you’ve read any of my other blogs, you will probably notice that I always mention confidence- usually within the first 3 tips, if not always the first. It’s not just because I like the word. It’s actually an incredibly important factor when it comes to females. Females just simply don’t like pansy men with little to no confidence. It’s a huge turn off, so if you’re lacking confidence, she probably won’t like you.
- If you aren’t confident already, try building confidence by doing simple things such as practicing personal hygiene, going to the gym, walking with your back straight, and thinking positively about yourself.
- Fake it until you make it! Faking confidence might be the first step you need to take in order to gain real confidence, believe it or not.
2. Looking Good
This might seem obvious, but in case you didn’t know: men aren’t the only shallow creatures on the planet- women can be just as picky, if not more so. But do remember one thing: we all have our own likes and dislikes, so what’s attractive to one gal might not be attractive to the next. But here’s a few basic things that every lady likes to see.
- Practice a personal hygiene routine. Nothing says gross like bad breath or body odor, so take the easy precautions and brush your teeth, take showers, shave, and wear cologne.
- Be in good physical shape. You don’t need a six pack or bulging muscles, but a man with a good physique and good muscle SHAPE is always a turn on.
- Don’t wear clothes that are baggy or overly ripped and raggedy. Wear clothes that suit your specific style while also making sure they are clean, crisp, and flatter your body.
3. Be Her Friend
Ok now, you’re probably thinking something along the lines of: we’re trying to stay OUT of the friend zone, so what gives? I don’t mean to be her best friend and go on all her shopping extravaganzas with her. I simply mean doing things with her that she loves. She likes to play guitar? How about you go over there and have a jam session with her. She needs someone to talk to? Be the ear that listens to her and gives her sound advice. Be the guy she can count on and confide in, while also being the guy she can have tons of fun with in a friendly and relaxed manner.
4. Avoid the Friend Zone: Flirt
So before you fall into the gruesome friend zone dungeon, make sure you include this simple tip into your daily routine: flirting. It’s really the only thing between “You’re like a brother to me” and “Dang you’re hot. I wish you were my boyfriend”. But there’s some rules with this to:
- DO NOT overdo it. Being flirty too often can either make you look like an absolute creep or a total desperate pervert, so make sure you don’t go overboard with flirting.
- It doesn’t have to be a speech. Just saying simple things like, “Wow, is that red dress new? You look gorgeous in it” or “I can’t get over that smile” will impress her and make her smile.
- Flirting doesn’t just have to be a compliment. Tease her, make her laugh, touch her arm- these are all excellent ways of flirting!
5. Be Funny!
Much like confidence, I always have to include funniness too. A funny and charming personality is absolutely necessary in making a girl like you. It’s just a simple truth: women love it when a man can make them laugh, so pull out your best jokes, make silly comments as often as possible, and just make her smile in the way only you can.
- Tip: try not to be OVERLY silly, as you might seem like you’re just a goofball that isn’t ready for a relationship.
6. Treat Her Like a Princess
I don’t mean sitting her on a throne and waving her with a palm tree fan and shoveling grapes into her mouth at a moments notice- in fact, do this and you will definitely come across as a pushover she’ll end up using and losing. The trick here is to make her feel special. Make her feel like she’s the only girl in the world, without being her personal slave.
- Compliment her often. Tell her how important she is and how beautiful she is at least once a day.
- Pay attention to her.
- Listen to her, and actually take in what she says, so you can surprise her by remembering little details of her life.
- Try and do things for her, like help her with an oil change if she needs it or surprising her with tickets to her favorite band she’s been dying to see. But don’t try to buy her love!
7. Avoid Being a Pushover: Get a Life
At this point you’re probably wondering whether or not tip number 6 is a good idea. After all, we all know how women can end up using men for favors and goodies. But here’s where you can break that: by getting your own life. If you’re busy often and involved in a lot of things, you won’t be able to run to her at every call- and that is incredibly important- actually a huge turn on for most girls. You know what they say, we always want what we can’t have- so make her be patient and wait a little for you, this will only make her want you more.
- Don’t immediately respond to every text or call, wait at least 10 minutes before responding.
- Continue with life! Go to work, go to school. Don’t bail just because she wants to hang out.
- Go out with your friends!
- Tell her your busy sometimes, even if you’re not. Make it sound mysterious, females love a mysterious man!
8. Ask Her Out
This all roots back to confidence, and if you’re not ready to just take the plunge and ask her out right off the bat, you can test the waters a little bit.
- Go all out. Just ask her out to a movie, dinner, a concert, whatever. If you have the guts, go for it.
- Test the waters by making a relationship joke like, “We’d be the perfect couple”. Gage her response.
- Ask her about her relationship past. If she says anything along the lines of, “Bad past. Not really looking for anything right now”, she might be trying to subtly turn you down. You want responses like, “I’m looking for the perfect guy” or “I wish someone would ask me out”.
- Try subtly asking her on a date by casually mentioning it in conversation. For example: let’s say the two of you are talking about a new diner that opened up downtown. Ask her if she’d like to go try it out and grab dinner with you Friday night.
9. Be Romantic and Spontaneous
There is NOTHING that ends a relationship sooner than boredom. I mean, she doesn’t have to say. She’s not glued to your hip. So if things are fizzling, why would she stay? Would anyone want to continue in a boring, hum drum relationship? Of course not! So keep things interesting by being a romantic and spontaneous guy that she has always dreamed of having. Women love romance and when you surprise her with romantic gestures, she’ll never want to leave your side.
- Surprise her with romantic gifts. Simple things are fine, like a few beautiful roses or a small box of chocolates. It shows you care without having to spend mass amounts of money.
- Surprise her with tickets to a new movie she’s been dying to see or tickets to go see her favorite musician.
- Send her sweet text message such as “Good morning beautiful” or “Just wanted to tell you I’m thinking about you”.
- Random trip to the beach and dinner on the sand? Why not! There is nothing more romantic than trips alone and candlelit dinners.
10. Be Yourself
This is the biggest tip of them all: be yourself. At the end of the day, if she doesn’t like YOU for YOU, then the two of you weren’t meant to be anyways. Don’t change yourself just to get her to like you- this is one of the biggest mistakes that not only men, but women make on a regular basis, but it’s a recipe for disaster. Eventually your true colors will show and the relationship will dissolve. Just be yourself, and if that isn’t enough for her, then she probably doesn’t deserve you anyways. Always, always: be yourself.